Did you know more than 60 Queenslanders are diagnosed with diabetes every day? The 2017 event beneficiary is Diabetes Queensland, given our shared purpose of building a healthier community through increased physical activity, specifically cycling.
Money raised during Bike Week and via the Great Brisbane Bike Ride will help Diabetes Queensland continue to provide much needed support, research and education about this condition.
You can start your own fundraising page or make a donation via the event Everyday Hero page.
Please note, creating a fundraising page does not automatically register you a place to participate in the event.
Benefits of joining Team Diabetes include:
- Access to an exclusive VIP marquee at the finish line, with massages, fruit and water available
- Team training rides and support leading up to the event
- The 10 highest individual fundraisers will receive a VIP start (highest fundraisers as at midnight 21 April 2017)
- Raise a minimum of $450 and you’ll receive your very own Diabetes Queensland “Team Diabetes” cycle jersey. All new design for 2017!
Please note: Jersey is for illustration purposes only and is subject to change.
- A chance to win an Apple iPad mini 2 (minimum fundraising target of $100 applies)
- Tips and support to help you reach your fundraising target
- The opportunity to support Queenslanders living with all types of diabetes